This is the CV I used when I left the the Army
Dedicated, flexible and highly motivated Individual currently employed as a Technical Course Designer/Instructor. Able to utilise, maintain and manage a wide range of transferable skills. Extremely adaptable and able to demonstrate strong leadership, communication and interpersonal qualities. I have been involved for many years with the operational requirements of armoured recovery vehicles.
Joined the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME) as an apprentice Recovery Mechanic. Having proven my ability to work independently and as a team leader I had a progressive career, lasting 24 years, achieving the rank of Warrant Officer Class 1 (Artisan Sergeant Major).
Organised, motivated and controlled staff of up to 100, Military and Civilian, both in a training and workshop environment. Taken part in forecasting, planning and policy making and meeting directives supplied by senior authorities.
Managed workshops and Territorial Army (TA) units of both civilian and military tradesmen, engaged in the inspection of a wide variety of military vehicles and equipment. Took part in decision making and problem solving. Ensured that co-operation and liaison took place between Departments. Communication with outside agencies as required. Chaired production meetings and staff suggestion committees. Directly responsible for all matters affecting training – produced schedules and manpower plans – allocated resources and priorities.
Training manager of a section of Civilian and Senior NCO Military Instructors, with an annual turnover of 400 students – assessed and identified the training needs of the section and its individuals to meet laid down training objectives, selected training methods – designed, organised and monitored instructors and courses. Devised and implemented the validation of training, as a trade-training instructor and as a senior examiner, carried out validation and tests – lectured – briefed and counselled students. Drafted individual training assessments and reports as required.
Responsible for the supervision, efficiency, welfare and morale of both civilian and military personnel, carried out annual reporting of staff and assessed their suitability for promotion and further training. Interviewed and counselled staff on discipline and welfare matters, responsible for manpower planning conferences.
1996 – 1999 GKN DEFENCE
* Technical Training Analyst responsible for completing Training Needs Analysis against customer requirements.
* Co-ordinator for the technical training proposal for the Swiss Warrior 2000 project. Currently worth £5.5m
* Designing and developing the necessary courseware and training aids to support training.
* Delivery of Technical courses to foreign customers in Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and Switzerland.
1994 - 1996 SEME, BORDON
* The most senior Recovery Mechanic in the British Army responsible for Recovery Training and Policy Making Worldwide
* Management of the Recovery Training Section at the School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (SEME).
* Students: Officers (British and Foreign), SNCO’s, NCO’s Advanced, Basic students and TA soldiers of all ranks.
* Control and accounting for all department Budgets
* Advising Commanding Officers on - Equipment Management; Reliability and Maintainability; Health & Safety and Total Quality Management.
* Representative on the council for the procurement of Recovery Equipment for the Armed Forces.
* Supervised the organisation of the inaugural SNCO’s Recovery reunion dinner.
* Responsible for the implementation of Total Quality Management.
1992 – 1994 MANAGER – 119 RECOVERY COMPANY T.A.
* Managed a diverse team of 80 people and trained them in Recovery Techniques.
* Responsible for the recovery of all military vehicles in Wales and Northern England.
* Co-ordinated the freedom of Prestatyn parade.
1989 - 1992 MANAGER – HONG KONG WORKSHOP
* Most Senior Vehicle Recovery Mechanic in the Far East.
* Control of a section consisting mainly of Chinese and Nepalese Soldiers
* Arranged, organised and co-ordinated a two week recovery course in Brunei to instruct civilians and local soldiers in the use of all recovery vehicles held by the Brunei Army and Local Government Departments.
* Responsible for the welfare and well being of my Section.
* Planning and co-ordination of equipment inspection and repair programmes
* Active part in the Workshop receiving accreditation for the certification of Allied Quality Assurance Pamphlet (AQAP) 4 (Superseded by ISO 9000).
May 95 NVQ level 5 in Management
Mar 88 Service Funds Accounts Course
Feb 88 SNCO Assault Pioneer Course Class 1
Feb 84 Methods of Instruction Course
Married, 2 Children – M 20, F 19 Date of Birth 09 Nov 51.
Licences (Full) Cat A, B, C+E (HGV 1), H (Track). Member of the Institute of Advanced Drivers
Current Activity Squash, Running, Home Computing.
Previous Activity Representative Regimental First Team Player in - Rugby, Squash, Cross Country Running, Tug of War, Athletics and Orienteering.
Instructor Profile | Instructor CV | Instructor Video | Learner Drivers | Extended Practical
Pass Plus | Costs | Part One | Part Two | Part Three Training | Part Three Rescue | Residential PDI Courses | The Day of your Test | CPD | Check Test | adi essex advanced driver training chemsford braintree | Cardington Test Training | Examiner Assessment Drive | The Shocking Truth | Code of Practice | DICE | Testimonials | Contact
© Copyright 2018. Byiast, Byast, Biast Driving Academy. All Rights Reserved - Sitemap
Site by Tim Ballard - SEO Webby Website Design & Optimisation(SEO) Services
TONY BYIAST DRIVING ACADEMY (ESSEX) | ADI | PDI | DRIVING INSTRUCTOR | TRAINING | TUITION
Driving Instructor Specialists - ADI, Approved Driving Instructor, PDI, Potential Driving Instructor, Advanced, PDI Rescue Training, DSA, Cardington Special Test, Driving Instructor Training, Advanced Driving Training Tuition.
Tony Byiast Driving Academy are based in Braintree. We work throughout the county in the areas of Essex, Witham, Maldon, Colchester, Chelmsford, Dunmow, Halstead, Sible Headingham, Brentwood, Basildon, Southend, Clacton, Ipswich, Sudbury, Harlow and Cambridge. For more information please contact us
Essex ADI, PDI Braintree, Approved Driving Instructor Witham, PDI Rescue Maldon, Colchester DSA, Chelmsford ADI Part 1 2 3, Dunmow Pink Badge, Halstead Green Badge, Sible Headingham Trainee Badge, Brentwood Check Test Training, Basildon Advanced Lessons, Southend Residential Courses, Clacton Cardington Special Test, Ipswich Potential Driving Instructor, Sudbury Advanced, Training, Harlow Independent PDI, Cambridge ADI Trainer, Advanced Driving Training Tuition, ORDIT, Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers
Our training services include: Advanced Lessons, Residential Courses, ORDIT, Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers, Check Test Training, Part One, Part 1, Training, Part Two, Part 2, Part Three, Part 3, Independent Trainer, Pink Badge, Green Badge and Trainee Badge.
Related content: Cardington Special Test, Driving Instructor Training, Advanced Driving Training Tuition, Advanced Lessons, Residential Courses, ORDIT, Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers, Check Test Training, Part One, Part 1, Training, Part Two, Part 2, Part Three, Part 3, Independent Trainer, Pink Badge, Green Badge, Trainee Badge, ADI, Approved Driving Instructor, PDI, Potential Driving Instructor, Advanced, PDI Rescue Training and DSA.
ADI ESSEX | PDI ESSEX BRAINTREE | ORDIT | INDEPENDENT TRAINER | DRIVING STANDARDS AGENCY | RESCUE TRAINING | CHECK TEST